The Junior Development Experience
Hosted by Matt cuccaro, rich brazeau and the chechessee creek club
feb 17-20, 2017
Designed as a parent-child bonding and golf development weekend, Rich and Matt Cuccaro of Telos Sports Psychology Coaching have created a unique and personalized experience (limited to 8 families) to be held over the President's Day holiday. Intended to assist the development of Junior golfers and their families, this 3-day gathering will provide insight into shaping a championship mental game, while also delving deep into the world of college recruiting. We will assess each junior's game and provide a roadmap for navigating the gap from high school to the complex world of college golf. Our vision is to bring together families that love golf, want to maximize opportunities for competitive success and are seeking a rewarding future at the college level. The Ultimate Player Development Experience will provide unparalleled guidance and services at a tremendous value.
Nestled in the South Carolina Low-Country, Chechessee Creek Club is a Coore-Crenshaw designed gem in Okatie, SC. This private club is a perfect getaway, nestled only 15 minutes from downtown Beaufort and 30 minutes from Hilton Head Island. Known by members for their exquisite and personalized service and hospitality, each family will enjoy a memorable experience of learning, enjoyment and camaraderie. All families will be staying on property in the finely appointed guest rooms and cottages and all farm and sea-to-table meals will be served in the Dining Room. Transportation can be arranged from HHI/SAV airports as well as Charleston International Airport.
Juniors will have full access to the practice facilities and golf course throughout the weekend. Parents are also granted 18-holes to soak in Chechessee Creek Club’s layout. Parents looking to maximize the golf experience for themselves are welcome to add unlimited facility access at the standard daily guest rate of $110.
We will NOT be doing any technical golf instruction as Matt and Rich are not teaching professionals. We strongly believe that each junior should maintain a relationship and remain engaged with their own coach who knows both the fundamentals and nuances of their game. The Player Development Experience includes the following:
- Second Nine's Initial Assessment (a $1250 value that includes a follow up document with action items and potential school fits)
- Master the Mental Game Group & Individual Sessions (a $999 value)
- Insight into preparing for a tournament mentally and physically
- How to play a purposeful practice round
- Fireside chat on college golf recruiting
- Tournament Scheduling Seminar and Parent Q+A
- Guidelines for Championship Parenting
- Effective and Efficient Practice tools/tips
The total cost for the weekend is $1,995. This includes:
- Housing (2 Lodge Rooms for 3 nights) - Cottages are available at an additional cost
- Meals for 2 (Friday – evening hors d'oeuvres, Saturday & Sunday - Breakfast Buffet, Lunch and 3-Course Dinner, Monday - Breakfast and Lunch)
- All Golf for the Juniors (course and practice facility usage)
- One Round for a Parent (Additional golf is available - daily $110 guest fee)
- 2+ Days of Personalized Coaching, Group Seminars and Workshops for Players and Parents
- Second Nine's Initial Assessment ($1250 value)
- Friday, Feb. 17
- 7-9PM - Welcome Reception and hors d'oeuvres
- Saturday, Feb. 18
- 8AM - Breakfast Buffet
- 9:30 - 11Am – Creating an Environment for Elite Performance with Matt for Juniors (Parents are encouraged to attend)
- 11:30 PM - Lunch
- 1PM – On-course Performance Coaching with Matt
- 7PM - Dinner
- 8PM - Fireside chat about College Recruiting with Rich for Parents and Juniors
- Sunday Feb. 19
- 8AM - Breakfast Buffet
- Juniors with Matt - Embracing Challenge for Competitive Success
- Parents with Rich for Tournament Scheduling Consult/Q+A
- Juniors on course with Rich for "How to Prepare for a Tournament" (Practice Round Boot Camp)
- Parents with Matt – Championship Parenting: the Path to Maximizing Performance
- 12PM - Lunch
- Juniors - On Course training with Matt and Rich
- Parents - Tee off ahead of Juniors
- 7PM - Dinner
- 8PM - Wrap up Q+A covering Junior Golf, College Golf, Development and Mindset for Growth
- Monday, Feb. 20
- 7AM-10AM - Individual wrap-up sessions with Matt and Rich to discuss assessments and to answer questions
- 8AM - Breakfast Buffet open
- 9AM-Noon – Tee times available
- Noon - Lunch available in clubhouse
Matt has mentored young men & women along every step of their athletic journey from the junior level to the highest professional ranks. His clients include AJGA All-Americans, Olympians, NCAA champions and professionals currently competing on the PGA & LPGA TOURS.
For nine years, he served as Director of Mental Training for Junior Sports Corporation in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina where numerous All-American student-athletes continue to emerge from the culture created under his guidance. Matt received his Master of Education from Boston University in Counseling/Sport Psychology and is an active member of the Association of Applied Sport Psychology.
Follow him on Twitter and Instagram: @MentalCoachMatt Contact him via e-mail: email@example.com
As a former college golf coach, player, AJGA employee and overall fanatic for the college game I am very excited to be starting Second Nine. I know that based on my 10+ years in the college golf industry that my knowledge, philosophy and network will allow me to help junior golfers and their families find their best fit for college golf. My time with the AJGA has allowed me an even deeper understanding of junior golf, tournament scheduling and how this can directly affect college recruitment. This can be a very stressful process for families and my job is to MAKE IT SIMPLE!
My philosophy on college placement revolves around finding the "best fit" for each player and family based on their priorities in finding a school. Each player and family will have different wants and needs from an academic, athletic, social aspect. After spending over 6 years as a Division 1 coach, I have seen hundreds of recruits go through this process and know what it takes to play at every level (Division 1, Division 2+3 and NAIA). I am confident that my skills and knowledge will help families figure out what is most important to them and establish a great list of "target schools" based on their needs. This is an incredibly important part of the process and often overlooked.
I am also incredibly proud and honored to be one of the AJGA's College Golf Advisors. I will be providing fresh content for AJGA U and "Recruiting Overview" articles. The AJGA has been a huge part of my golfing life, as a player, employee and coach. I am so happy to be working with them again.